Posted on 2020-04-24, by books_lover.
Africa in Stereo analyzes how Africans have engaged with African American music and its representations in the long twentieth century (1890-2011) to offer a new cultural history attesting to pan-Africanism's ongoing and open theoretical potential. Tsitsi Jaji argues that African American popular music appealed to continental Africans as a unit of cultural prestige, a site of pleasure, and most importantly, an expressive form already encoded with strategies of creative resistance to racial hegemony. Ghana, Senegal and South Africa are considered as three distinctive sites where longstanding pan-African political and cultural affiliations gave expression to transnational black solidarity. The book shows how such transnational ties fostered what Jaji terms "stereomodernism." Attending to the specificity of various media through which music was transmitted and interpreted-poetry, novels, films, recordings, festivals, live performances and websites-stereomodernism accounts for the role of c
- Ebooks list page : 43365
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Africa in Stereo: Modernism, Music, and Pan-African Solidarity
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Africa in Stereo: Modernism, Music, and Pan-African Solidarity
- 2017-12-17[PDF] In Township Tonight!: South Africa's Black City Music and Theatre, Second Edition (Chicago Studies in Ethnomusicology)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] In Township Tonight!: South Africa's Black City Music and Theatre, Second Edition (Chicago Studies in Ethnomusicology)
- 2011-11-08German Modernism: Music and the Arts By Walter Frisch
- 2011-11-03German Modernism: Music and the Arts
- 2009-03-12Pan-African History: Political Figures from Africa and the Diaspora Since 1787
- 2020-07-18Jazz Diasporas: Race, Music, and Migration in Post-World War II Paris (Music of the African Diaspora)
- 2020-06-19Human Rights, Race, and Resistance in Africa and the African Diaspora (Routledge African Studies)
- 2020-03-10Fostering Trade in Africa: Trade Relations, Business Opportunities and Policy Instruments (Advances in African Economic, Social and Political Development)
- 2020-03-03Meals, Music, and Muses: Recipes from My African American Kitchen
- 2020-01-13Gendering Knowledge in Africa and the African Diaspora: Contesting History and Power (Global Africa)
- 2019-12-09Religious Minorities in Non-Secular Middle Eastern and North African States (Minorities in West Asia and North Africa)
- 2019-12-02A Psychology of Liberation and Peace: For the Greater Good (Pan-African Psychologies)
- 2019-11-26African Mythology, Femininity, and Maternity (Pan-African Psychologies)
- 2019-02-04VA - Listen All Around The Golden Age of Central and East African Music (2018)
- 2018-07-06Gendering Knowledge in Africa and the African Diaspora Contesting History and Power
- 2018-01-27[PDF] LEAD: Leadership Effectiveness in Africa and the African Diaspora (Palgrave Studies in African Leadership)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Music and Social Change in South Africa: Maskanda Past and Present
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.